Thursday, July 19th, 2012
Workout of the Day
CFCM Obstacle Course
Then, after 5 minutes rest…
8 Rounds for time:
While Steve Prefontain may lead you to believe that a suicide pace is preferable, today we were looking for more of a measured approach. When we run repeats, often it is best to aim for a consistent, if not dropping split time every interval. One could get really exercise nerdy and talk about percentage of max pace and all, but you can get a very good workout and improve your fitness by learning how to incrementally increase your speed across each run.
Just for posterity, here are some World Class 400m sprint times (note: do not compare your repeats to this, lest you want to be a sad sad person):
1. 47.60 Marita Koch, East Germany, 6 October 1985, Canberra
2. 47.99 Jarmila Kratochvílová, Czechoslovakia, 10 August 1983, Helsinki
3. 48.25 Marie-José Pérec, France, 29 July 1996, Atlanta
1. 43.18 Michael Johnson United States, 26 August 1999, Seville
2. 43.29 Harry ‘Butch’ Reynolds United States 17 August 1988, Zürich
3. 43.45 Jeremy Wariner, United States, 31 August 2007, Osaka
Remember the Dan and Dave rivalry of 1992? I just found the most awesome commercial. Looks like Reebok has always been into balanced fitness capacity. Note that Dan and Dave are both decathletes.
This Saturday, July 21st at 1pm our first Seminar Series begins starting with the Muscle-up. You can sign up for any of our Seminars by going to our calendar and registering for any of the movements you would like to work on. These seminars are open to anyone who would like to improve, so tell your friends.