I read the “Life Handbook 2010″ from the SEALFIT journal articles this morning. Jeff forwarded it to me probably 3 weeks ago, and it has just been sitting in my inbox waiting to be read. I really liked most of it and some parts definitely spoke to me more than others. I think they do a good job of keeping things pretty simple, although I’m pretty sure we all know that simple is not always easy…
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants..
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in 2009.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree…
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change..
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come..
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
And, if you made it this far, here is my workout for today…
SMR, mobility, dynamic, pre-hab (which pretty much only consists of TGU’s, bulgarian split squats and disk squats these days).
400m jog, 2×8 wall squat, pull-up, HSPU, dip, glute-ham raise
3×2 Press @90% (70#) (2,2,2)
5×5 BOR @125#
5×5 Good Morning @80#
I’ve been taking my sweet ass time getting going in my workouts these days, and with coaching Onboarding at noon, I end up really having to rush through… maybe a good thing for me, but I didn’t get a good cooldown in and slacked on my core work, which I “like” to do (meaning, I’m always glad I did it). Later this afternoon, I worked on my one-arm DB snatch. I warmed up to the 50 pounder and got pretty comfy with it, but the jump from the 50 to the 70# is quite large, and I didn’t get it… yet! Three weeks til the Regional, so there is hope!