Announcing CrossFit Costa Mesa Version 2.0
I wanted to take a few moments and share with everyone some of the really exciting new things that are cooking here at CrossFit Costa Mesa. Many of you may know this, but we are the first CrossFit gym in Costa Mesa. What started in my garage with a handful of crazy people willing to come to some strange alley to workout has grown into so much more. I can now confidently say we are the premier CrossFit in Orange County and that fills me with tremendous pride.
With growth comes a natural transformation; It’s a tough process. I remember when the CrossFit Games were held in Aromas, CA in the dirt and the evolution to the Reebok CrossFit games at the Home Depot center with a $250,000 grand prize was quite a shock to the system. I remember feeling we have lost something now that the Games aren’t held on a dirt hill somewhere in NorCal.
When I look at CFCM now, I feel something similar. The small, intimate garage gym feel has changed to something new. Occasionally we try to bring back the “old times” but that’s a mistake. It’s a mistake in that it does not honor the present good that is occurring all around us in this new normal. CrossFit, as in many things, is about embracing change. Remember when butterfly pull-up came into the scene? You may not as it was a few years ago, but it changed the game. Every year something happens that changes our world. Heavier weight becomes the norm, fast WOD times become even faster. Everything continues to step forward. And so are we.
I want to invite you to get a taste of the steps to come here at CFCM. We have been in our new space for nearly half a year now and it’s time to take the necessary steps to move our community forward. Some of you may feel put off by the changes, you may not like them; some of you will be thrilled. The only thing I will stand behind with confidence is change is inevitable, all that matters is how you meet it.
Introducing CrossFit Costa Mesa version 2.0
Over the next 30 days, from now until June 15th you are going to be experiencing some changes at the gym. Here are some of the overarching details that will be going on in the background but you can expect them all to be in full effect by June 15th.
- Conversion to Zenplanner
- This means new back office systems, new billing methods, and a brand new member Check-in Solution. Yes you will now have to eventually “check in” every time you arrive for a class. This is an inevitable step in our efforts to improve your experience here at the gym.
- Introduction of the CFCM Club Teams
- You’ve seen the power lifting racks, the Oly platforms, and maybe even been a little interested in trying a few of their workouts. Well now you can. With more details to come, CFCM members are being invited to join our Olympic Lifting or Power lifting Club teams. There will be dedicated workout times, solid coaching, and the chance to even compete in upcoming power lifting and Olympic lifting meets.
- Introduction of CFCM Seminars
- Every two weeks CFCM will host a 2 hour long skill-specific seminar on either Saturday or Sunday. Do you need to spend some time improving your olympic lifts? How about that muscle-up, butterfly, or just simply getting your first pull-up? This is where we’ll really dig into these technical pieces of our program and help you improve. There will be a sign up process online and the class will be capped to ensure a successful environment. These will rotate continually through the major lifts and gymnastic movements and we will also be bringing in specialists to ensure you get the best possible instruction for your money.
- Introduction of the CFCM CrossFit Gamers Program
- Do you want to get better at the sport of CrossFit? Any desire to compete in some local competitions? Want to compete for next year’s CrossFit games? Any individual looking to take their game to a competitive level at CrossFit as a sport, this program is for you. More details to come, but while this program is open to anyone, at any level of fitness, it will require a high level of commitment along with requiring members to compete in local and regional events.
- Evolution of the Personal Training Model at CFCM
- CrossFit Costa Mesa is first a foremost a community of people committed to themselves and to each other. This is a place where people come together to push each other, encourage each other, and challenge each other. Our general programming is some of the best you can find and the gains our members continue to make, including body composition as well as physical performance continues to amaze us all. But, at times, there can be valid justification for an individual to step out of the group class for a moment for some personal attention. Maybe you have been stuck on a lift for a while and need some special coaching, maybe the kipping pull up has been evading you and the next seminar is not for 3 months. Whatever it is, personal training could be just what you need for that little push. We believe that personal training is important to support people with their individual needs while in support of the group program.
- Gym Space Remodel
- Over the weekend of June 16-17th the physical space of CFCM will be transformed as well. The space is being opened up completely to support our growth and evolution. More space for each member, more room to move around and be creative during workouts. Be prepared for a different feel when the remodel is complete.